What we offer
Does your bathtub look old and dull or is the color of your ceramic tile outdated? Replacing these fixtures can be very costly and can take weeks to complete. Resurfacing your bathtub and tile is an easy cost effective way of changing that look without replacing and in most cases, completed in a day. You can change the color or just bring back the shine of the old. Here’s how it’s done.
1. First the surface is cleaned and prepped.
2. Any body work that must be done, such as chips in the porcelain, are then filled in and smoothed out.
3. The old caulking is then pulled out.
4. All of the bath fixtures are taped off and the bathroom is “gift wrapped” so as not to allow any overspray.
5. Please remove all items such as shower curtains, pictures, etc. from bathroom.
6. A coat of self etching primer is then applied to the surface.
7. The final coat, an acrylic urethane coating, is then applied.
8. This coating gives the tub and tile the look of the original baked on finish.
9. The tub is then re-caulked and the paper is pulled the next day.
10. There is a 48 hour drying time before the tub can be used again.
This process is very durable and using proper care instruction, will give you lasting durability.
Fiberglass bathtubs, showers and even sinks are durable and easily maintained. But, accidents can happen and it is not uncommon to end up with a crack or even a hole in your tub or shower. And, over a period of years, fiberglass can become dull and can develop stress cracks that can result in water leaks. Using the latest technology, Nusurface can repair or patch those cracks or holes to stop those water leaks and, at the same time, bring the color of the shower or tub back to life. With a variety of colors to choose from, we can even change the color of your tub or shower.
Removing that fiberglass tub or shower can be costly. Since these repairs can be done in place, without having to remove the tub, you can easily save up to 75% over the cost of removal and replacement.